Sunday, February 21, 2010

Happy Birthday to me

I will be 51 on Thursday.

I speak two languages and am learning a third.
I live in a charming city in Tuscany and have many jobs I really adore.
I have a nice relationship with my sister, niece and her daughters, my aunts and cousins and my friends manage to love me, too.
I am healthy.
I am happy.
I am Martin's best friend and he is my best friend.
This is sacred Sunday and the sheets are clean, there is fresh fruit and veg in the kitchen and the bells outside are ringing, along with my windchimes. The birthday vine Jennifer gave me for my 45th birthday is blooming tiny, delicate violet flowers.
I have money in the bank, a 4.0 gradepoint average and when I dream, I dream of my travels and sometimes I am flying over Paris or Istanbul.
Marty and I lived in Greenwich Village one summer... and I have celebrated 50 birthdays so far. Wonderful.
Happy Birthday to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment