Friday, November 27, 2009

Thanksgiving in the time of Love and Crisis

http://kalman.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/11/26/back-to-the-land/?8dpc


My dear friends,
Please go to this link and see the hands that plant and the children's faces and the fast food stands and George Washington and the fastness of the city street and the slowness of the country and the sweetness of narly carrots and the festive redchecktablecloth and the cow in the field and shoes in the street and the clearest sky. And think about happiness. I am studying happiness. I am studying America and america. I am a student of life. I am thankful for all of you and the freedom I was born into and the freedom I created for myself and the freedom that I was given by others that went before. So, from The Walls of Lucca to Macy's, from a garden in Brooklyn to a garden in Northern California, from the garden that is my life to the garden that is yours, Happy Thanksgiving. P.S. Be kind to each other. Even the stinky people that make your life difficult.

No comments:

Post a Comment